MasterChef wins Thursday, but Hamish & Andy win in younger demos
The last episode of MasterChef before finals week rated with 1.291m for Ten last night.
The show, on from 7pm till 8pm, won the night, and also the 25-54 demographic.
But Nine’s Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year, which ran from 8pm to 9pm, topped the cooking show in the younger 18-49 and 16-39 demos.
On another miserable Thursday night for television, only four shows passed the 1m mark. Seven News and Nine News were the only other two shows besides MasterChef and Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year to pass 1m, according to preliminary ratings from OzTam.
Ratings fell away for the Tour De France for SBS last night, after Aussie cyclist Cadel Evans fell out of contention. On at 10pm until late, the show pulled in a respectable 233,000 viewers, but the audience had tumbled from 301,000 the previous evening.
At breakfast, Seven’s Sunrise pulled in 344,000 while Today on Nine rated with 294,000.
Thursday’s top 15
1. Masterchef – Ten 1.291m
2. Seven News – Seven 1.239m
3. Hamish and Andy’s Euro Gap Year – Nine 1.156m
4. Nine News – Nine 1.155m
5. Today Tonight – Seven 0.993m
6. ABC News – ABC 0.922m
7. A Current Affair – Nine 0.920m
8. Criminal Minds – Seven 0.888m
9. Home and Away – Seven 0.882m
10. Modern Family – Ten 0.744m
11. The Footy Show – Nine 0.718m
12. Silk – ABC 0.673m
13. Ten News – Ten 0.660m
14. The Big Bang Theory – Episode 2 – Nine 0.654m
15. Hot Seat – Nine 0.647m
Thursday’s channel share
ABC News 24: 0.8%