News

Miranda Devine pulls plug on Sunday night’s Radio 2GB ‘The Miranda Devine Show’

Conservative commentator Miranda Devine ended her Radio 2GB Sunday program, The Miranda Devine Show, as of last week, Mumbrella can reveal.
Miranda DevineDevine, who is also a News Corp Australia columnist, hosted the program, a mix of news, commentary and interviews, between 6:00 and 8:00pm every Sunday night for the past two years.

“Between the newspaper, television and radio commitments it was becoming a seven days a week [commitment] and something had to give,” Devine told Mumbrella. “I loved it, it was a great opportunity. I have learned a new skill, it was pretty challenging but I feel like I nailed it.” 

Adam Lang, COO of Macquarie Media, said Devine would continue to be a contributor to various shows.

“Miranda Devine has decided to take a break from her 2GB Sunday night show to spend more time with her family,” said Lang. “Miranda will still be very much part of Macquarie Media as a regular contributor for various programs.”

Radio 2GB journalists Natalie Peters and Michael Pachi will now to host Sunday nights, continuing on from their summer hiatus program while Miranda was on leave.

“Natalie and Michael are very talented journalists from our newsroom and have done a very good job filling in for Miranda over the past five weeks,” Lang said.

The departure comes the same week that speculation over the future of fellow News Corp commentator Andrew Bolt’s The Bolt Report on Ten emerged.

After it was revealed that Ten had failed to renew the show, Bolt blogged that News Corp, which produces the show, was looking to put the show on Sky News.

Nic Christensen 

ADVERTISEMENT

SUBSCRIBE

Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing