Ikea is continuing its celebration of everyday objects with a new ad showing a day in the life of a sheepskin rug couple and their pet stool.
The latest work shows a day in the life of a Sheepskin Rug couple
Created by The Monkeys, the latest work is an extension of Ikea’s ‘Celebrate the Everyday’ brand platform, which aims to connect with consumers in a more memorable way by giving household objects personality.
A 45-second spot shows a Sheepskin Rug getting out of bed after being woken by an alarm clock, before being chased by its stool to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for its Sheepskin Rug partner.
A shorter 15-second spot shows the Sheepskin Rug brushing its hair.
Scott Nowell, co-founder and chief creative officer of The Monkeys said the latest campaign under the new brand platform tells the Ikea story in an “energetic and memorable way”.
“Helping Australians rediscover the happiness in everyday life at home, the latest campaign for IKEA introduces a host of new colourful characters who tell the story around the distinctive IKEA products in an energetic and memorable way,” said Nowell.
Kristin Bengtsson, national marketing manager at Ikea Australia said of the new work: “Bringing a sense of warmth to this season’s IKEA campaign, the spot features a set of endearing yet playful product heroes that encourage us to reconsider how we celebrate the happiness to be had in the everyday, inspiring us to be more conscious and look at the familiar differently.”
The campaign is narrated by Swedish actress Lena Endre and will run across TV cinema and online, as will as Ikea owned channels.
- Client: IKEA Australia
- National Marketing Manager: Kristin Bengtsson
- National External Communications & Media Manager: Peter Moore
- Marketing Communications Specialist: Joanna Roberts
- Interior Design Leader: Christine Gough
- Interior Design Leader: Melissa McInnes
- Agency: The Monkeys
- Chief Creative Officer: Scott Nowell
- Creative Director: Barb Humphries
- Senior Copywriters: Tim Pashen & James Harvey
- Group Content Director: Humphrey Taylor
- Senior Content Director: Kelly Howard
- Senior Content Manager: Lauren Shelley
- Head of Planning: Michael Hogg
- Planner: Charlotte Marshall
- Head of TV: Thea Carone
- Senior Producer: Penny Brown
- Media Agency: Mindshare
- Production House: Blink Ink & FINCH
- Director: Jonny & Will
- Executive Producer: Bart Yates & Corey Esse
- Producer: Kev Harwood
- Line Producer: Marge McInnes
- Production Manager: Daisy Bray
- Storyboard Artist: Jamie Coe
- Model Maker/Puppeteer: Alexander Berchert
- Set/Layout Design: Arthur de Borman
- DOP: Lachlan Milne
- Puppeteers: Jonny & Will and Alexander Berchert
- Edit House: The Editors
- Senior Producer: Daniel Fry
- Editor: Ryan Boucher
- VFX: Finch Post
- VFX Producer: Hazel Gibson
- Head of VFX: Andy Timms
- On-Set VFX Supervisor: Quade Biddle
- VFX Artist: Jonte Wendt
- Grade: Tristan La Fontaine
- Sound House: Song Zu
- Sound Designer: Abby Sie
- Music Composition: Ramesh Sathiah
- Executive Producer: Katrina Aquilia
- Music Licensing: Level Two
- Track: Boyfriend, Confidence Man